Personal data collected
The personal data that we collect is:
· Home Address
· Email Address
· Date of Birth
· Phone Number
· Health Information
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
Stark Therapy takes your privacy seriously and we will never sell or rent your personal data to any third-party. Sharing of your data and direct marketing activities are only carried out with your express consent, which you are free to withdraw at any time. We need to obtain and process your personal data to provide you with our products, services and treatments and to fulfill our business and legal obligations. We will never collect any personal information from you that we do not need or retain any data that is no longer necessary for the purposes specified in this notice. Where we request sensitive personal data from you (i.e. health or medical data), the reason(s) for the request will be clearly given along with the purposes of the processing. Explicit consent through a signature will always be required for us to obtain and process your health information.
Who is Processing My Data?
Your Personal Data is Processed To:
• Collect specific personal data (name, address, email, contact number, DOB) that is required to enter into a contract to sell a product or service.
• Engage in communication with you including confirmation and reminders of appointments, and requests to cancel or change bookings.
• Collect Health information to perform the agreed services appropriately, and potentially highlight areas that products and services may cause issues to clients because of their health.
• Ensure a safe service and provide industry standard advice.
• Select relevant offers, promotions and information for you.
• Estimate the number of customers we have.
• Hold personal data that is required by law or to respond to legal process.
• Hold for insurance purposes.
• Store customer records.
Your rights as the individual
If your personal data is held by Stark Therapy, you hold particular rights over it. Where you have provided consent for us to contact you as part of our marketing services, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe option accompanied with all of our direct marketing or by contacting the Stark Therapy Data Officer. You also have the right:
• To be informed of how your personal data will be used before it is collected.
• To access your personal data personal data and to information on how your information is used after it has been gathered.
• To have personal data corrected if it is incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date.
• To request the removal or deletion of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
• To restrict processing, to 'block' processing of your personal data.
• To data portability, having your data moved, copied or transferred from Stark Therapy to another organisation in an easily readable format.
• To object to direct marketing from us. Special categories of personal data collected
Health questions are asked in many of our consent forms to potentially highlight treatments that may have a negative effect on your health due to medication you are taking or a condition you have. Stark Therapy asks for consent to gathering and processing this information. At any time after giving consent, you can withdraw your consent, subject to legal, insurance and contractual restrictions (see more on 'your rights as an individual'). Your privacy is very important to us and we only use this information for determining your suitability for the treatment.
Process of Collection
Your personal data is collected when you provide it to us through Ovatu software, our website, over the phone, at Stark Therapy premises, by email, social media, in writing or any other means by which you provide it to us. Information is stored using the Ovatu software platform as well as some level of paper record keeping. Stark Therapy gives you access to information about your account and bookings through Ovatu software, for the limited purpose of viewing and updating that information.
Stark Therapy does not collect the personal data of children under the age of 16 without parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we hold any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact Stark Therapy and if we cannot immediately obtain appropriate parental or guardian consent, will remove the personal data from storage.
Your personal data is shared only with Ovatu representatives in cases that customer support and troubleshooting is required for the salon. Stark Therapy do not share your personal information with any third-party without your prior consent, other than those already disclosed in this privacy notice or as part of our legal obligations under the relevant data protection laws. Stark Therapy will not share your information for any purposes with any other organization other than to process card transactions processed with your authority, which will only involve Worldpay.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Stark Therapy retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. Stark Therapy are required under tax laws to keep your personal data for a minimum of 7 years. Health and Safety records will be retained for 10 years and where we have your consent for marketing purposes, we will retain the minimum required data until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such information.